Vietnam established the e-Visa scheme to simplify the process of traveling to the country. Previously, travelers had to obtain a letter of approval from Vietnam and receive a visa upon arrival. Citizens of 46 countries can now apply online and obtain their e-Visa electronically.
The Vietnam e-visa can be used for tourism purpose.
The document can be obtained online in as little as 3 business days, in contrast to a regular visa which takes longer. The e-Visa is a single entry document with a maximum validity of 30 Days after arrival.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE REQUEST
- Valid Passport
- Credit/debit card or PayPal account
- Digitization of the digital passport (identity page)
- Passport digital photo
French and Canadian travelers can obtain a Vietnamese visa online since last year. This electronic visa is valid for 30 days and costs around $25.
When applying online, attach a scanned copy of the passport and a photo ID (less than 1 MB). Put your first names in the order of the passport, then your last name. You must indicate the city of entry into the country because the visa is only valid at this border post. Secure payment is made online using a bank card.
The new Vietnam electronic visa is now available for nationals of 46 countries :
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- The e-Visa is a single entry visa.
- Holders of an e-Visa can stay in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for a maximum period of 30 Days Total.
- Travelers wishing to visit Vietnam must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- Once the first 30 days have passed and renewal is necessary, holders of an e-Visa for Vietnam can be considered for a new visa if they are invited/ sponsored by an authority, an organization or an individual in Vietnam, following the law on the entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid at least six months after their arrival in Vietnam and have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer.
- Minors with their passport must complete a complete application for an e-Visa. Minors under the age of 14 included in their parents’ passport must be included in their parents’ e-Visa application.
- Applicants must have a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
Why is the electronic visa a better choice?
1. No queue at the airport for a stamp issue
2. No additional stamping fees (up to $ 85)
3. It is not necessary to have a physical photo of yourself for visa issuance.
4. Enter/exit Vietnam through one of the 28 international checkpoints
5. The entire procedure is online – just print an e-visa and show it at the airport.
Depending on the purpose of the visit, foreigners can request:
- Vietnamese transit visa
- Vietnamese Tourist Visa
- Vietnamese business visa
Vietnam business and tourist visas are also single entry visas, which are issued for professional and tourist reasons respectively. Both visas are valid for 30 days, for a maximum stay of 30 days.
Visa requirements for Vietnam
Some of the visa requirements for Vietnam are similar in all countries, but some depend on the type of visa.
To apply for an electronic visa for Vietnam, you need:
- A valid passport will still be valid for at least one month after entry and which must have at least two blank pages.
- The applicant must also not be subject to one of the cases of suspension of entry provided for by Vietnamese law
- Once these conditions are met, the applicant must complete an online visa application form and submit a scanned copy of the biographical page of their passport as well as a passport photo taken in the past six months.
- The applicant will also have to pay a visa service fee.
Frequently asked questions can be viewed in other sections of this website.